7" Ikon Santoku
CLASSIC IKON knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
The CLASSIC IKON 7" Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional chef’s knife, at a 10° cutting edge, and gradually curves up at the very end providing a straighter edge. The hollow edge contains evenly spaced vertical indentations that create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce the friction and drag when slicing.
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balanceTempered to 58° Rockwell.
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stain-free steel.